Redemption Christian Church exists to lift up Christ by telling those who don’t know Jesus about Him, encouraging those who are followers of Jesus, training everyone for His service and ministering to those in need.
We believe the best way to accomplish this is by loving God, loving people and changing the world. We are committed to helping everyone know and understand God’s love for each person. We hope you will find a home at Redemption and begin to connect to the family of believers through services each weekend, Community Groups and through serving others in the community.
Our core values reflect our mission. We love God through worship in every part of our lives. We love people through outreach at home and abroad. Finally, we believe discipleship is essential because fully-committed disciples of Jesus change their worlds.
A church is defined by its beliefs — its doctrine. It matters. These are the beliefs we will not compromise. They are the foundation of our faith, who we are, and what we do. Below you will find a few of our core beliefs.
1. Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God, who died for our sins and rose from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8, John 3:16)
2. Jesus is the unique Son of God, and one of three essential parts of the Trinity. As God, Jesus is perfect and without sin. (John 1, John 9:38, Colossians 1:15, John 14:26, Philippians 2:5-11, 1 Peter 1:19, Hebrews 4:15)
3. The Bible is the inspired word of God “a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path.” (2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105)
4. Every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
5. Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. (John 3:16)
6. All should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him. (Romans 10:9, Acts 2:38) NOTE: Want to know more about Redemption’s beliefs about baptism? Check out this document.
7. The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to evangelize the lost and edify the saved. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
8. Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of kings and Lord of lords. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
There is much to celebrate in the history of the Redemption Christian Church (known as Christian Church of Jasper — or CCJ — from May 2000 to May 2016). Down through the years God has blessed Redemption in a way that has allowed us to have a huge impact on this part of Indiana. Redemption began May 21, 2000, by holding services at the Days Inn in Jasper in the meeting/conference rooms.
Fourteen local, charter members and 20 visitors from supporting churches attended. In reality, it was a pretty rough service (we often wondered why anyone would return). However, there was a sense God had something special in store. From the very early days of Redemption, the leadership felt a calling to live out the mission of Jesus Christ and to “do church” in a way that would reach the unreached people of this area. There was a desire to be a part of growing the Kingdom and impacting the world. Redemption continued to hold worship services at that location until August 2000, when we moved to the Jasper 8 Theaters.
In August 2001, Redemption purchased our first building, a warehouse on Cathy Lane in Jasper. This was a completely industrial neighborhood. There was no earthly reason why the church would grow in that location. Again, however, God grew the church — teaching everyone He really is the greatest determining factor in the growth of the church (universal).
After six years of substantial growth in the warehouse, we built a new facility on the south side of Jasper to allow for room to grow even further. We held our first service in our current Jasper location (1450 Energy Dr., off of the Hwy. 162 by-pass) on February 4, 2007. It was amazing to see God at work through the ministry of Redemption. It was evident that at every turn God would bring just the right people with just the right gifts to lead and do the necessary work of the church.
After only a year in the new building, the leadership began to make plans to expand in order to facilitate the growing ministries of Redemption. In late 2008, the church began an extensive, two-phase, expansion project on the current facility to accommodate for growth experienced in the first two years as well as future growth. This project, dubbed “More Than Walls,” was divided into two phases. Phase One was a wing of children’s classrooms, children’s worship area, adult classrooms, a large lobby and office space. It was completed in July 2011. Phase Two, dubbed “24,000 Reasons,” was a 1,000-seat worship center. It opened for services on November 16, 2014.
On the final Sunday of 2015, Senior Minister Darrel Land announced the vision moving forward. After much time of prayer and discussion, the leaders and elders of Redemption decided going multi-site was the way to continue advancing God’s kingdom in southern Indiana. Redemption’s first campus opened in Loogootee, Ind., in a former Shopko/Pamida building on Dec. 4, 2016. Redemption formally made the switch from Christian Church of Jasper/CCJ to Redemption Christian Church in May 2016.
Throughout the first decade-plus of Redemption’s history, God has continually blessed beyond what we could ever ask or imagine in countless ways. The Redemption vision to love God, love people and change the world is continually at work with the power of Christ’s Spirit as our guide.
As we continue the pursuit of God’s kingdom, we know there’s more to be done. Even as we look back, we know God has an awesome plan for Redemption’s future.